Career Life SolutionsClarify - Focus - Act
Which of these can I help you with?
Are you evolving or standing still?
It’s a familiar feeling that many people have – of being swamped, perhaps overwhelmed by the accelerating pace of change taking place around us?
Here’s just a short list of how change is impacting the lives of many today:
- a job or careers being entirely replaced, or changed because of technology
- static or falling standards of living due to stagnating economies and job loss
- the prospect of long term unemployment due to the lack of skills, or education to transition to working in the new economy
- people approaching retirement age unable to adquately support themselves financially in their old age
- completing an education for traditional jobs/careers which have either disappeared or changed completely
- and so on…….there’s a pretty long list!
Can you relate to any of these issues? Are any of them affecting you personally right now?
How do you respond to change?
People respond to change in an amazing variety of ways.
Quite possibly you are here for either of the following reasons:
- You’ve made a conscious decision to implement changes affecting your career/life but want help moving forward, or
- Events or circumstances have occurred which have meant involuntary career/life changes are required, and you also need help to move forward
In order to make effective decisions about where, and how change is needed, and to take the action needed to propel your forward, I believe involves at least these things:
- having clarity about what is important in your life
- identifying the gap between what is desirable in these areas, and what exists in reality
- taking action to close that gap
Where are you in life right now?
Are you capable of developing further?
Do you have the capacity to achieve more in various parts of your life?
Have you come to the conclusion that there is more to life than your current experience?
Or……are you finished? You’ve given up. Nothing left to achieve? Nothing you’d like to change about your life?
If you would like to do or achieve more, and make some changes, what’s stopping you?
Can’t get out of the rut?
Apart from the fact that some people have decided that they’d rather have a miserable life, I think the three main reasons why people don’t act to change unsatisfactory life circumstances is because:
- They haven’t taken the time to clarify what is really important to them in their life
- They don’t develop the necessary focus to prioritise their time, effort and resources to achieve what they want
- They don’t have a plan of action
I’d like to help you
My passion and purpose in life is to assist people to realise their potential. You might have noticed that the theme of the website is:
Clarify – Focus – Act
I trust you will get as much value from these things as I do in managing my own life and career.
Starting an online business This post is about starting an online business - it is not about how to build a website, or start a blog! An important first question is......why would anyone consider setting up an online business, or any type of business for that matter?...
Life purpose - finding and keeping meaning in your life Life purpose and meaning. How important is this to you in relation to your feelings of well being and self worth? If you find that you are simply 'enduring' your life, that you don't seem to have a clearly...
How to be an overnight success Success means different things to different people - obviously! Success also tends to be a moving target. For example, what success might represent at any given time in our lives is often determined by what we have already achieved,...
When you have a clearer understanding of the important aspects of your life, and associated values, you can then sharpen you focus on these by developing goals for the various parts of your life.
Let me know how I can help you
Please don’t hesitate to reach out and make contact with me. I would be pleased to answer your questions, or perhaps direct you to information or resources that will assist you on your life journey. I look forward to hearing from you. Anthony